Athletic Department Philosophy
Rocky River High School is very proud of its comprehensive athletic program, athletic facilities and qualified coaching staff. Every student is encouraged to participate in an activity while attending high school. Developing each student athlete to their maximum abilities physically, socially, academically and emotionally are the goals and objectives of our school district.
Participating on an athletic team provides you with experiences that will:
- Help you become a productive citizen and member of our society.
- Help enhance your self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Help you learn to participate as a team member.
- Help you learn how to follow directions, team rules and regulations.
- Help you learn the importance of being loyal to both your teammates and coaching staff.
- Help you become physically fit and properly conditioned to perform your chosen sport.
- Help you learn the important lessons that can be gained from winning and losing.
The Rocky River High School coaching staff is well qualified. Our coaches meet the State Department of Education requirements in sports related first aid and CPR. Most of our coaches have participated in the sport they are coaching in either high school or college. Our coaches attend on a regular basis local workshops and state clinics designed to improve their coaching techniques and expertise.